The Finnish National Board on Research Integrity TENK is a body of specialists as appointed by the Ministry of Education and Culture on the proposal of the scientific community.
TENK was founded in 1991 by decree to handle ethical issues on scientific research and to promote research integrity.
Universities, universities of applied sciences and other research organisations in Finland have voluntarily committed to comply with TENK’s guidelines on responsible conduct of research.
TENK guarantees ethics and quality in research
- by preventing research misconduct in all scientific disciplines
- by drawing up national guidelines
- by organising seminars and promoting education
- by coordinating ethical reviewing of the human sciences
- by networking and being influential both nationally and internationally
TENK monitors responsible conduct of research
- by following and compiling statistics on violations of responsible conduct of research
- by issuing statements on investigations on allegations of misconduct on responsible conduct of research
- by providing advice in problematic situations