Template for researcher's curriculum vitae
NB. This page will be updated soon!
The Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity (TENK), Universities Finland UNIFI and the Rectors' Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences Arene ry and the Academy of Finland have together drafted a model curriculum vitae that complies with good scientific practice.
- NEW MODEL CV COMING SOON!
A curriculum vitae (CV) presents an overview of an individual's studies and professional career as well as of his or her academic merits and other achievements. When appended to an application, it becomes a public document and the information presented in it must therefore be verifiable when necessary. This model CV for researchers aims to provide guidelines for drafting an appropriate CV from the perspective of research ethics in a way that presents an individual's merits as comprehensively, truthfully and as comparably as possible.
- Organizations, degrees and positions must be referred to using their official names or titles. Their translations should be either officially approved, used by the pertinent organizations themselves or justified in some other way; self-designated translations must not be used.
- A researcher must present, in full, all merits and commitments or potential conflicts of interest that are pertinent to the application or to the career stage of the applicant.
Focus on good scientific practice
Finnish research organisations and funding organizations require that application documents (application, CV, list of publications, portfolio) addressed to them or drafted within their researcher communities comply with good scientific practice. If a researcher is suspected of embellishing or distorting his or her merits in a CV, other application documents or their translations, the matter may be dealt with as an alleged violation of good scientific practice. See the guidelines of TENK.
- Template for researcher's curriculum vitae 2012 pdf-format / doc-format - in use before 18.3.2020
- Government Decree on University Degrees (FINLEX)
- Universities of Applied Sciences Act (FINLEX)
- Higher Education Glossary in the Finnish Government Termbank Valter (Prime Minister's Office Finland)
- Recognition and international comparability of qualifications (Finnish National Agency for Education)