Here you will find information on other national advisory boards on research ethics in Finland and a list of international actors in the field of research ethics and research integrity.
Advisory Board on Biotechnology
The Advisory Board on Biotechnology is a consultative body of experts in issues related to bio- and gene technology appointed by the Government for a term of three years. Board aims to promote cooperation between authorities, researchers and operators in biotechnology and in particular gene technology, and we monitor developments and research in gene technology as well as its health and environmental impacts. In addition, board´s task is to monitor and promote international cooperation in biotechnology and take into account the ethical considerations of gene technology.
Board for Gene Technology
The Board for Gene Technology is the competent authority in Finland regarding the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in accordance with the Gene Technology Act. The Board operates in conjunction with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
National Advisory Board on Social Welfare and Health Care Ethics - ETENE
The purpose of The National Advisory Board on Social Welfare and Health Care Ethics is to discuss general principles in ethical issues in the field of social welfare and health care and concerning the status of patients and clients as well as to publish recommendations on them. The Advisory Board submits initiatives, publishes statements and provides expert assistance, prompts public debate, and disseminates information on national and international ethical issues in the field of social welfare and health care.
National Committee on Medical Research Ethics - TUKIJA
The primary role of the National Committee on Medical Research Ethics (TUKIJA) is to serve as an expert on research ethics and advise regional ethics committees in matters of ethical principle related to medical research, and to provide training. TUKIJA is also responsible for issuing opinions on the ethics of clinical drug trials that are to be run in Finland unless this task is delegated to a regional ethics committee. Upon request, TUKIJA also issues opinions on proposals that have been previously rejected by regional ethics committees.
- All European Academies (ALLEA) and especially the ALLEA Permanent Working Group on Science and Ethics
- European Network of Research Integrity Officies (ENRIO), ENRIO’s webpages contain documents and links to codes and guidelines on research integrity, good practices, misconduct, training and education. It also provides some examples of cases of misconduct.
- International Science Council (ISC), formerly known as International Council for Science (ICSU)
- The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) (US Department of Health & Human Services)
- Online Ethics Center (OEC)